Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good news and bad news...

Good news: I was able to tame Drobo to be friends with FreeNAS.

Long story short (assuming Drobo is on /dev/da0):
gpt destroy /dev/da0
gpt create /dev/da0
gpt add -t linux /dev/da0
gpt show /dev/da0
glabel label drobo1 /dev/da0p1
mke2fs -r0 -L Drobo01 -i 262144 -m0 /dev/da0p1


That allows Drobo to properly understand what has been deleted and whatnot.

Bad news:

IT GETS HOT!!!

I put four drives in it and started writing data. I made a mistake of putting the front cover on...

When I took the cover off and touched the drives to check, THEY BURNED MY FINGERS.



The fan was blowing all the time... So it's not a fan failure.

I think that's about it. No more Drobo for me. No way in hell I'm keeping a device that gets this hot!

My measly DriveStations don't do that even!

No comments:

Post a Comment